Table of Contents
Overview of Can Tho boat tour | Mekong signature
Can Tho boat tour is a must in Mekong delta. Floating market – a creative way of trading that Mekong Delta people have been originating to cope with the dense network of rivers in this region. For centuries, the main vehicle for transportation here was boat, and the floating market was born to serve the high demand for goods exchange. Gradually, it becomes the signature image of the South West’s people and landscape. Visiting Cai Rang market floating in its most beautiful and active hour is the best way to experience the culture of the Nine Dragon River Delta.
- Tour ID: IBN-CT06
- Duration: 04 hours
- Max group size: 02 – 08 persons
- Transportation: Boat
- Pickup/ drop off: 10 Hai Ba Trung Street (close to Xom Chai ferry station)
Highlights of Can Tho boat tour | Mekong signature
- Cai Rang floating market in its busiest time
- Breakfast on board as locals
- Visit a traditional rice noodle factory – Taste special homemade “Rice noodle pizza“
- Savor the best Vietnamese chocolate on an organic cacao farm.
Itinerary of Can Tho boat tour | Mekong signature
- At 6:00 A.M our guide will pick you up at the meeting point for the journey. Can Tho boat tour begins
- It takes approximately 30 minutes to get to the floating market from the city center piers. The boat will cruise along Can Tho River – a small branch of the Hau. On the way, you can witness the differences between two sides of the same river. Sometimes big boats loaded with goods or sand pass by slowly, other times tiny little fishing boats lazily float in wait.
- At 6:30 A.M, Cai Rang floating market welcomes you with some of the Mekong bars hooking onto your boat to sell café, fresh coconut,…The bustling sound from the boat engine and people haggling lets you know the market is in its full active mode.
- You will join the local’s daily life activities by having breakfast on the boat. The meal options vary from rice noodles soup to Vietnamese stuffed bread – Banh mi. The feeling of eating on the water is totally worth a try because how often do we get to experience such a way of food savoring, alright?
- After delving back into the market, you can hop on a pineapple boat to try it freshly. The sweet juice from the fruit will never disappoint you.
- Relax on the boat getting through a green canal and have photogenic pics in the canal.
- Stop at a local family business to see how to make rice noodles in a traditional way, step by step. Have fun when you try making noodles with your own style!
- Keep going to the unique cacao farm in Can Tho. First, you walk around to see different kinds of the colorful cacao fruit. Then, you learn how to make chocolate step by step, from fresh fruit to yummy dark chocolate. Sit back, relax and enjoy a chocolate drink, dark chocolate made by Mr. Ca Cao – the owner of the farm.
- Then we will cruise back to the city center with lots of photos and lively memories.
Cai Rang boat tour | Mekong signature tour price
Child (From 5-11): 19.00
Kid (Under 5): FOC
- Unit of currency: US dollar
- Exchange rate: According to Vietcombank currency.
- English speaking guide
- Breakfast at the market
- 1 drink (can be coffee, tea, or coconut…)
- Entrance fee
Similar tour you may like?
- Can Tho floating market tour & small canal: 5:30 A.M – 8:30 A.M. Highlights: Can Tho floating market – Small canal – Traditional rice noodle factory.
- Can Tho Tour full day: 5:30 AM – 2:30 P.M. Highlights: Cai Rang floating Market – Small canal – Rice noodle factory – Tropical fruit garden – Organic cacao farm – Noodle vermicelli house – Authentic Vietnamese lunch meal – Binh Thuy Ancient House.
- Cai Rang floating market tour and Cooking class: 6:00 A.M – 3:00 P.M. Highlights: Cai Rang floating market – Cooking class – beautiful small canals – Fruit garden – Rice noodle factory.
- Can Tho River Tour: 5:30 AM – 9:30 A.M. Highlights: Cai Rang floating market – Mekong small canal – Traditional rice noodle house – Tropical fruit garden.
- Can Tho Sunset tour: 4:30 P.M – 6:30 P.M. Highlights: Small canal – Romantic sunset view – Special food & drink on board.
- Scenic small canal tour: 8:30 A.M – 11:30 A.M or 2:30 P.M – 5:30 P.M. Highlights: Peaceful villages – Beautiful canals – Vegetable farms – Traditional brick kiln.
- Cai Rang floating market tour: 5:30 A.M – 11:30 A.M. Highlights: Cai Rang floating Market – Small canal – Traditional noodle factory – Fruit garden – Organic cacao farm.
Get in touch
- MEKONG SMILE TRAVEL TRADING JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Address: 10 Hai Ba Trung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- WeChat/WhatsApp/Viber/Hotline: +84977790952.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.