Mekong Delta, “a rice granary of Vietnam” is known as a beautiful destination with thousands of natural landscapes bringing inestimable cultural and historical values. It is the best advice to spend 3 days to explore.
Mekong Delta. You can get a lot of fabulous experiences and interesting information about the local life and nature in Mekong Delta when visiting Can Tho, Chau Doc only in 1 exclusive tour.
- Take the local sampan boat to explore the should-not-be-missed Cai Rang floating market.
- Explore the forest to watch wildlife birds and nature.
- Visit organic Cacao farm, taste the best Mekong chocolate, directly see how it is made.
- Drop by traditional noodle factory
- Beautiful small canal.
- Explore the hidden Son islet
- Visit Binh Thuy ancient house and Binh Thuy temple
- Get off the beaten track and go into every corner of Mekong.
- Enjoy authentic Vietnamese lunch meal.
- Excellent local English speaking tour guide,
- Transportation: Minivan for 3 days (Pick up from Can Tho Airport or hotel), a boat to visit the floating market
- Entrance fee
- Three Vietnamese authentic lunch meals, mineral water, and travel insurance.
Tour exclusions: Personal expenses, tips and gratuities, and food out of the program.
DAY 1: PICK UP FROM CAN THO AIRPORT – SON ISLET TOUR
Time: 9 A.M – 2 P.M
- At 9 A.M, your local tour guide will pick you up by car.
- Explore BINH THUY ANCIENT HOUSE – French-style Vietnamese house, built-in 1870 by the Duong family. You will get a glimpse into what an estate of a mandarin would look like back in the French colonial days. The house was famously used in the 1992 movie “L’Amant” (“The Lover”) based on the novel of the same name by French author Marguerite Duras.
- Visit BINH THUY TEMPLE – The rare and perfect house preserved with the specific character of Mekong Delta in the past century.
- Take a boat to go to the 67 ha SON ISLET, isolated from the city center. You seem to get lost in another world. It is one of the country’s most attractive destinations for green community-based tourism. You can see the rustic beauty of South Vietnam by exploring lush seasonal tropical fruit gardens and enjoy the fruits from the local.
- Pay a visit to a local house to learn how to make traditional cakes and cook rustic local dishes. You can give it a try and enjoy it as well. You can know more about the local lifestyle and culture there.
- Visit a local family to see unique “DANCING SNAKE-HEAD FISH” run by the local.
- Check-in Hotel in Can Tho.
DAY 2: CHAU DOC – TRA SU FOREST
Time: 7 A.M – 5 P.M
- At 7 A.M, your local tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and then take you to Chau Doc town by a private car.
- Arrive at TRA SU FOREST, after getting the entrance tickets, you can walk through the tranquil forest to feel the nature and seek for wildlife birds and then get on the top of the bird observation tower to get a splendid panoramic overview of the whole gorgeous green forest and the mountain.
- Endowed with not only natural beauty but one of the area’s most peaceful spots which belong to the national specialized forest system in Southern Vietnam. In the Mekong Delta, it is an ideal destination for ecological and scientific researchers, nature lovers and those who love wild animals thanks to its wonderful diverse wildlife.
- Prepare your camera with you to catch stunning moments of birds and other kinds of animals when the boat takes you into the natural habitat of wild birds and their breeding site.
- Enjoy Vietnamese authentic lunch meal at Tra Su Forest
- Then, we keep going Chau Doc market to walk around and see many kinds of local fruits and fish. You also know more about the local market’s activities.
- Back to Can Tho City
DAY 3: CAN THO CITY TOUR
Time: 5:30 A.M – 5 P.M
- At 05:30 AM, our guide will pick you up from your hotel by car and transfer you to Ninh Kieu wharf for embarking the boat.
- Head to CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – a must place you need to go in Mekong Delta
- On the way to the floating market, you may see a stunning sunrise and your tour guide will explain everything about the local life on the river and the history and unique culture of Cai Rang floating market. Don’t forget to stand at the top of a local pineapple boat to take a photogenic floating market photo and enjoy fresh and sweet pineapple.
- Explore a BEAUTIFUL SMALL CANAL and you know more information about the riverside local life.
- Pay a visit to a friendly TRADITIONAL NOODLE FACTORY. You can see how the local makes colorful noodles step by step. You also have an opportunity to show your talent when trying some steps of making homemade rice noodle. Don’t forget to enjoy home-made “rice noodle pizza” made by the owner’s wife.
- Continue visiting the ORGANIC CACAO FARM. The tour guide will tell you secret stories about cacao and how to make chocolate, cacao wine, cacao powder, Cacao butter for cosmetics. It’s interesting to savor a fresh cacao fruit, pure chocolate with 100% of cacao, dark chocolate and have a glass of hot chocolate drink at a cacao farm
- Our car will pick up you at CaCao farm to go to the small non-touristy village
- Visit a traditional Rice Vermicelli house to experience the way the local make it and enjoy Vietnamese authentic lunch meal at the local family.
- You also get a chance to try making vermicelli with the help of the local.
- Relax and enjoy the tranquil beauty of the countryside.
- Back to your hotel.
“Have a good time”
(from 6 – 11)
|Price per person||$152/pax||$114/pax||Free|
Exchange Rate: USD = 23.000 VND
*Options: Private tour on requests
– Private tour + 20% fee for a group of 04 persons.
– Private tour + 30% fee for a group of 02 persons.