Overview of Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Nights tour
Mekong Delta is not only famous for its plenty of tropical fruits and specialties but also many sacred architectures, beautiful islets and floating culture. At the very first sight, tourists will surely be impressed by how the locals get used to the life on the river and how progressive Southwest agriculture is. Especially, you will witness many magnificent landscapes, have many photogenic portraits and experience exactly like a Mekong person. Making or buying some manmade souvenirs after visiting each destination can be considered since they can remind you of your memorable experience in Mekong Delta. Besides, it will bring you many opportunities to dig into the Mekong cultures and customs, the importance of protecting endangered animals and the respect for each culture. Mekong Smile Tour will always be ready to accompany you!
- Tour ID:
- Duration: 3 days – 2 nights
- Max group size: 2 – 20 persons.
- Destination: My Tho, Ben Tre, Can Tho, Cai Rang Floating Market, Tra Su Melaleuca Forest, Chau Doc, Phnom Penh
- Transportation: A/C coach, motorboat, horse-riding carriage, sampan
- Pickup/ drop off: Hotel in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Highlights of Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Nights tour
- Enjoying My Tho noodles;
- Visiting Vinh Trang Pagoda;
- Listening to the guide’s narration whenever you go through each destination;
- Visiting 4 islets “Long, Lan, Quy, Phung”
- Visiting My Tho fishing port, raft fishing farming village
- Enjoying tropical fruits, honey tea and jam cakes at a traditional honeybee farm;
- Visiting the coconut candy factory and making coconut candy in Ben Tre;
- Listening to Don Ca Tai Tu;
- Going sightseeing the rustic village on a horse carriage;
- Feeding crocodiles and visiting mini zoo;
- Visiting Dong Tam Snake Farm in Tien Giang;
- Visiting Cai Rang Floating Market;
- Learning how to make noodles at Sau Hoai Noodles Factory;
- Going harvesting in evergreen orchard and eating it;
- Exploring Tra Su Melaleuca ;
- Going witnessing the paronamic views of Tra Su flooded forest on the very high watchtower;
- Visiting many high religious and architectural pagodas and temples in Chau Doc city;
- Finding out the local cuisine and activities of Khmer and Cham minorities;
- Exploring the must-see pagodas and temples in Phnom Penh
Itinerary of Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Nights tour
|Tour guide will pick you up at the meeting point, then depart to My Tho.|
On the way, you can listen to the guide’s narration about the beautiful scenes and cultural characteristics of the Western River.
|Arriving in My Tho city, we will enjoy the famous traditional specialty "Hu Tieu My Tho" of Tien Giang and then take a rest.|
Visit Vinh Trang pagoda – the biggest pagoda in Mekong Delta. Here, you will be impressed by the ancient temple with the age of more than 100 years. The temple has two cultural and architectural features of East and West intermingled on each carving.
Then, the car and tour guide take you to My Tho pier to get off the boat to visit the 4 islets “Long, Lan, Quy Phung” or Thoi Son Islet that are covered by many coconut trees. And, we stop to visit My Tho fishing port, raft fishing farming village along with Dragon islet.
|A motorboat takes you to Phung Islet in Ben Tre.|
We can enjoy tropical fruits and visit the traditional honeybee farm to drink honey tea or eat jam cakes – the specialties here.
In particular, you take a souvenir photo with a unique brocade python on your shoulder.
We continue to visit the coconut candy factory where we can experience making and enjoying traditional Southern coconut candy. We can also enjoy the Western-style cultural performance called Don Ca Tai Tu. A horse-drawn carriage is always available for visitors if you don’t want to take a walk through the village road.
|Have lunch: at your own expense at Phung islet restaurant with local specialties (own expense), then go to the crocodile farm, mini zoo,…|
|Back to My Tho city on the motorboat and visit Dong Tam Snake Farm in Tien Giang where it has many species of Western snakes and famous for many wines made from snakes.|
|Depart for Can Tho city.|
|Check-in at the hotel at Can Tho city and take a rest.|
You are free to explore the beauty and cuisine of Can Tho at night. (Cost at your own expense).
|Tour guide will pick you up at the meeting point, then depart to Cai Rang Floating Market. |
Have breakfast at the hotel
Participate in trading and exchanging activities on the river, you will have a true experience at Cai Rang Floating Market rather than eating only. You can check in beneath the bridge which is near Cai Rang Floating Market.
Your tour guide will narrate the history and origin of this floating culture while being on the sampan and viewing both riversides and the locals “throwing” their agricultural products.
|We visit Sau Hoai Noodle factory to find out how noodles are made and to have a very first taste on Pizza Noodle – local specialty here.|
Tourists are allowed to join in this noodle-making process and purchase several bamboo handicrafts. Then, we can join in a cooking class instructed by a local chef.
Visiting the local evergreen orchard will be a relaxing and interesting trip for tourists since you can have a go at harvesting and tasting these fresh and flavorful fruits.
Depart for Tra Su Melaleuca
|To the edge of Tra Su flooded forest, you move by "tac gong" through Tra Su Melaleuca forest . This is a very beautiful place to take pictures in the West. You will be weaving between the fragrant lotus ponds, rows of dark green water hyacinth. |
Continue, you also have the experience of sitting "triple boat" to go zig-zag through the canals where you can witness many
Coming to the watchtower, you can enjoy the panoramic view of the vast Melaleuca forest, flocks of storks flying freely.
In particular, you can also go through the longest bamboo bridge through the forest in Vietnam .
|Takes you to have lunch at a restaurant in the middle of the forest with local specialties and have a free rest. (own expense)|
Leaving Tra Su, you continue to move to Chau Doc. You will encounter beautiful palm jaggery fields along the way.
|Departure to Chau Doc City|
Ba Chua Xu Temple - a major pilgrimage center in the West known for Ba Chua Xu Festival (April 24, 2001) was recognized as a national festival in 2001. You can pray for your family and loved ones.
Hang Pagoda - Phuoc Dien Tu : has a history of more than 100 years, is one of four special historical and cultural relics of Sam mountain. The temple has a unique architecture with a system of many interconnected caves. This is a very sacred temple and a very beautiful place to take pictures in Chau Doc An Giang.
We go on a car ride to a Cham village where the minority follows Islam and owns a very unique tradition, a Khmer pagoda that holds a very beautiful Buddhism culture.
|You will have time to explore the night life of locals in Chau Doc by yourself.|
Have lunch on your own expense. Overnight in Chau Doc.
|Have breakfast at the hotel and then, we will head to the boat station to take the speed boat to Phnom Penh. |
Upon arrival in Phnom Penh, you will take a short break at hotel before starting to visit significant landmarks of Phnom Penh
|The tourists will go sightseeing the Royal Palace - a complex of buildings that serves as the royal residence of the King of Cambodia. |
Then, we will go through the Silver Pagoda before we reach Wat Phnom. This is a sacred temple that attracts pilgrims from all over the country and is a must-see attraction for tourists when traveling to this country.
After all, let’s take a step to a memorial site - The Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum – which is the S-21 interrogation and detention center of the Khmer Rouge regime.
|Departure to Ho Chi Minh city on A/C bus and on behalf of the company, the tour guide says thank you and “see you again”.|
Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Nights tour price
- All prices are in US dollars per person;
- Exchange rate: 01 USD = 23.000 VND;
- Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operation;
- Special requests (diet or vegetarian, …) must be submitted prior to your departure date;
- Private tour for a group of 2 persons: charge 20% fee;
- Private tour gor a group of 4 persons: charge 15% fee.
- Professional English tour guide; – Small row boat;
- Air-conditioned Car/van – All entrance fee;
- Breakfast: 3 meals at the hotel; – Motor boat trip; . .
- Free 1 real body Massage voucher;
- Pick up & drop off from most hotels possible in District 1;
- Travel insurance;
- Traditional horse carriage;
- Travel gifts, drinking water on the way: 2 bottles of 500Ml/person/day;
- 3-star hotel: 02 nights, fully furnished room: sleeping from 2-3 guests/room.
CHILD TICKET TERMS
– Free of charge for 01 kid under 5 years old. Parents are requested to pay the incurring costs by themselves;
– Two adults can only accompany 01 child. The second child accompanying will be charged at Child rate.
– Due to weather conditions, fully refund.
– Due to personal reasons from customers, no refund.
– The following charges will be levied on any cancellation if you cancel your trip at any time provided you notify the company in writing:
- 30 days or more before the departure: 50% of deposit
- 15 – 30 days before the departure: 100% of deposit
- 8 -15 days before the departure: 80% of tour cost
- 1 – 07 days before the departure 100% of tour cost
– The tour cancellation time is on working days, excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Nights tour
Get in touch
- MEKONG SMILE TRAVEL TRADING JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Address: 81 Chau Van Liem Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- WeChat/WhatsApp/Viber/Hotline: +84977790952.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.