Mekong Delta 3 days tour Can Tho – Bac Lieu – Soc Trang
$105.00 – $140.00
Mekong Delta, “a rice basket of Vietnam” is known as a beautiful destination with thousands of natural landscapes bringing the inestimable cultural and historical values. It is the best advice to spend 3 days to explore 3 typical cities in the Mekong. You can get a lot of fabulous experiences and interesting information about the local life and nature in Mekong Delta when visiting Can Tho, Soc Trang, Bac Lieu only in 1 exclusive tour.
|Please choose a date|
Highlights of the Tour
- Take the local sampan boat to explore the should-not-be-missed Cai Rang floating market.
- Explore the forest to watch wildlife birds and nature.
- Visit organic Cacao farm, taste the best Mekong chocolate, directly see how it is made.
- Drop by traditional noodle factory
- Beautiful small canal.
- Explore the hidden Son islet
- Visit Binh Thuy ancient house and Binh Thuy temple
- Visit Khmer pagodas in Soc Trang, Villa of Bac Lieu mandarin’s son, Bac Lieu offshore wind farm.
- Get off the beaten track, go into every corner of Mekong.
- Enjoy authentic Vietnamese lunch meal.
- Excellent local English speaking tour guide,
- Transportation: Minivan for 3 days (Pick up from hotel in Can Tho/ or Can Tho Airport), a boat to visit the floating market
- Entrance fee
- Three Vietnamese authentic lunch meals, mineral water, and travel insurance.
Tour exclusions: Hotel, personal expenses, tips and gratuities, and food out of the program.
DAY 1: PICK UP FROM CAN THO AIRPORT OR HOTEL – SON ISLET TOUR
Time: 9 A.M – 2 P.M
- At 9 A.M, your local tour guide will pick you up by car.
- Explore BINH THUY ANCIENT HOUSE – French-style Vietnamese house, built-in 1870 by the Duong family. You will get a glimpse into what an estate of a mandarin would look like back in the French colonial days. The house was famously used in the 1992 movie “L’Amant” (“The Lover”) based on the novel of the same name by French author Marguerite Duras.
- Visit BINH THUY TEMPLE – The rare and perfect house preserved with the specific character of Mekong Delta in the past century.
- Take a boat to go to the 67 ha SON ISLET, isolated from the city center. You seem to get lost in another world. It is one of the country’s most attractive destinations for green community-based tourism. You can see the rustic beauty of South Vietnam by exploring lush seasonal tropical fruit gardens and enjoy the fruits from the local.
- Pay a visit to a local house to learn how to make traditional cakes and cook rustic local dishes. You can give it a try and enjoy it as well. You can know more about the local lifestyle and culture there.
- Visit a local family to see unique “DANCING SNAKE-HEAD FISH” run by the local.
- Check-in Hotel in Can Tho.
DAY 2: SOC TRANG – BAC LIEU TOUR FROM CAN THO
Time: 7 A.M – 6 P.M
- At 7 A.M, your local tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and then take you to Soc Trang province by a private car.
- Arrive in Soc Trang – the home of pagodas and seductive Khmer culture
- Drop by Chua Dat Set or CLAY PAGODA, with nearly every beautiful and skillful object inside is made entirely of clay. The hundreds of statues and sculptures that adorn the interior today were hand-sculpted by the monk Ngo Kim Tong. It is an ideal place for anyone to come and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and learn about the humanity and warm love of the Khmer people.
- Visit Chua Doi or BAT PAGODA – the mysterious peaceful pagoda in Soc Trang. It is home to huge century-old trees and about one million fruit bats each of which is about 1kg in weight and with a wing-span of 1m to 1.5m. Around dusk, hundreds of bats swoop out of the trees to forage in orchards all over the Mekong Delta.
- Stop by Chua Chen Kieu or DESIGNED BOWL PAGODA. The name of Chen Kieu Pagoda is originated from the monks’ tiled old porcelain bowls, plates to on the pagoda’s walls, stairs, and many other locations to create extremely impressive motifs during the process of pagoda reconstruction in 1969. The library has a collection of Buddhist scriptures written on palm leaves, some are new and some dating back hundreds of years.
- Then, you will have a Vietnamese authentic lunch meal.
- After that, we keep going to Bac Lieu province
- Explore the villa of BAC LIEU MANDARIN’S SON – the most luxurious Western house in the Mekong delta during colonial time. It was designed by a French architect, combining western European architecture and traditional Vietnamese features.
- Come to BAC LIEU OFFSHORE WIND FARM, developed on a 540ha site – considered as “Holland” in Vietnam. It has in the East Dam region of Bac Lieu province. The wind farm is home to 62 turbines, with each one standing approximately 82 meters in height with a weight of over 200 tonnes. You can enjoy visiting the path that leads to the turbines in the middle of the sea.
- Back to Can Tho city.
DAY 3: CAN THO CITY TOUR
Time: 5:30 A.M – 5 P.M
- At 05:30 AM, our guide will pick you up from your hotel by car and transfer you to Ninh Kieu wharf for embarking the boat.
- Head to CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – a must place you need to go in Mekong Delta
- On the way to the floating market, you may see a stunning sunrise and your tour guide will explain everything about the local life on the river and the history and unique culture of Cai Rang floating market. Don’t forget to stand at the top of a local pineapple boat to take a photogenic floating market photo and enjoy fresh and sweet pineapple.
- Explore a BEAUTIFUL SMALL CANAL and you know more information about the riverside local life.
- Pay a visit to a friendly TRADITIONAL NOODLE FACTORY. You can see how the local makes colorful noodles step by step. You also have an opportunity to show your talent when trying some steps of making homemade rice noodle. Don’t forget to enjoy home-made “rice noodle pizza” made by the owner’s wife.
- Continue visiting the ORGANIC CACAO FARM. The tour guide will tell you secret stories about cacao and how to make chocolate, cacao wine, cacao powder, cacao butter for cosmetics. It’s interesting to savor a fresh cacao fruit, pure chocolate with 100% of cacao, dark chocolate and have a glass of hot chocolate drink at a cacao farm
- Our car driver will pick up you at Ca Cao farm to go to the 2800-hectare forest – “green lung” of Mekong Delta, which is an ideal destination for nature lovers.
- On arrival at the wetland area, after getting the entrance tickets, you can walk through the tranquil forest to feel the nature and seek for wildlife birds and then get on the top of the bird observation tower to get a splendid panoramic overview of the whole green forest and a lot of gorgeous local rice fields nearby.
- Enjoy Vietnamese authentic lunch meal.
- Then, get on a boat and start the journey to explore wildlife birds and the typical wetland ecosystem of the Mekong Delta. You also go through the canals to see a green carpet of duckweed, water hyacinth and water lettuce and immerse yourself in the pristine nature, learn about the native plant and animal species of the region.
- Prepare your camera with you to catch stunning moments of birds and other kinds of animals when the boat takes you into natural habitat of wild birds and their breeding site.
- Back to your hotel.
“Have a good time”
(from 6 – 11)
|Price per person||$140/pax||$105/pax||Free|
Exchange Rate: USD = 23.000 VND
*Options: Private tour on requests
– Private tour + 20% fee for a group of 04 persons.
– Private tour + 30% fee for a group of 02 persons.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this tour may leave a review.
For curious foodies coming to Mekong delta, what's better than taking an authentic traditional Vietnamese cooking class with a serene rice field setting in Can Tho city?It’s always a great idea to start your dynamic day by going shopping in a local market, and then heading to the peaceful and beautiful village areas. You can experience the tranquil beauty of these lush green or yellow rice fields and vegetable farms in hidden spots, meet locals and then head off to a cooking class to make your favorite Vietnamese local specialty foods with a local farmer chef.This activity will open the secrets of local cuisine and Mekong life for beloved visitors. This tour surely will make your Vietnam trip an extremely memorable experience."Get closer to the natural beauty of Mekong Delta."
Mekong Delta, “a rice basket of Vietnam” is known as a beautiful destination with thousands of natural landscapes bringing inestimable cultural and historical values. It is the best advice to spend 3 days to explore.Mekong Delta. You can get a lot of fabulous experiences and interesting information about the local life and nature in Mekong Delta when visiting Can Tho, Chau Doc only in 1 exclusive tour.