Soc Trang is a special province to explore the mysterious beauty of Mekong delta and Khmer culture through the Clay pagoda, the Bat pagoda, the unique Bowl pagoda. Come to Bac Lieu province to explore the villa of Bac Lieu mandarin’s son – the most luxurious Western house in the Mekong delta during the colonial time; and Offshore Windfarm – considered as “Holland” in Vietnam.
This tour surely will make your Vietnam trip an extremely memorable experience
- Tour ID: MK03
- Duration: 1 day
- Max group size: 2 – 8 persons
- Transportation: A/C Car
- Pickup/ dropoff: Hotels in Can Tho city centre
Highlights of Soc Trang Bac Lieu tour from Can Tho
- Explore Mekong delta culture and religions.
- Explore the local life.
- Visit the Clay Pagoda
- Visit the Bat pagoda
- Visit the unique Bowl pagoda
- Explore the villa of Bac Lieu mandarin’s son
- Visit Bac Lieu Offshore Windfarm
- Enjoy authentic Vietnamese lunch meal.
- At 7M, your local tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and then take you to Soc Trang province by a private car.
- Arrive in Soc Trang – the home of pagodas and seductive Khmer culture
- Drop by Chua Dat Set or Clay pagoda, with nearly every beautiful and skillful object inside is made entirely of clay. The hundreds of statues and sculptures that adorn the interior today were hand-sculpted by the monk Ngo Kim Tong. It is an ideal place for anyone to come and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and learn about the humanity and warm love of the Khmer people.
- Visit Chua Doi or Bat pagoda – the mysterious peaceful pagoda in Soc Trang. It is home to huge century-old trees and about one million fruit bats each of which is about 1kg in weight and with a wing-span of 1m to 1.5m. Around dusk, hundreds of bats swoop out of the trees to forage in orchards all over the Mekong Delta.
- Stop by Chua Chen Kieu or Designed Bowl pagoda. The name of Chen Kieu Pagoda is originated from the monk’s tiled old porcelain bowls, plates to on the pagoda’s walls, stairs, and many other locations to create extremely impressive motifs during the process of pagoda reconstruction in 1969. The library has a collection of Buddhist scriptures written on palm leaves, some are new and some dating back hundreds of years.
- Then, you will have a Vietnamese authentic lunch meal.
- After that, we keep going to Bac Lieu province
- Explore the villa of Bac Lieu mandarin’s son – the most luxurious Western house in the Mekong delta during colonial time. It was designed by a French architect, combining western European architecture and traditional Vietnamese features.
- Come to Bac Lieu Offshore Windfarm, developed on a 540ha site – considered as “Holland” in Vietnam. It has in the East Dam region of Bac Lieu province. The wind farm is home to 62 turbines, with each one standing approximately 82 meters in height with a weight of over 200 tonnes. You can enjoy visiting the path that leads to the turbines in the middle of the sea.
- Back to Can Tho city.
- Private tour for a group of 2 persons: charge 20% fee.
- Private tour for a group of 4 persons: charge 15% fee.
- Exchange rate: $1 = 23.500 VNĐ
- Local English expert tour guide;
- A/C car;
- Vietnamese authentic lunch meal;
- Bottled drinking water;
- Entrance fee;
- Travel insurance.
Get in touch
- MEKONG SMILE TRAVEL TRADING JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Address: 81 Chau Van Liem Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District., Can Tho City.
- WeChat/WhatsApp/Viber/Hotline: +84983704949.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook Fanpage