Overview of Xeo Quyt forest tour
Xeo Quyt forest tour takes you rustic and historic Xeo Quyt forest, Kien An Cung Confucian pagoda, Huynh Thuy Le’s ancient house attached with romance story of Huynh Thuy Le and the famous French writer Marguerite Duras. Besides that, you will immerse yourself in hundreds of varieties of flowers in “the flower kingdom of the Mekong Delta” – Sa Dec flower village. Enjoy Vietnamese authentic lunch meal in the 1990s ancient atmosphere.
- Tour ID: DT01
- Duration: 09 hours.
- Max group size: 2 – 8 persons
- Transportation: A/C car, a small sampan boat
- Pickup/ dropoff: Hotels in Can Tho city center.
Highlights of Sa Dec tour
- Visit magnificent 52-hectare Xeo Quyt Forest
- Kien An Cung pagoda with ancient Chinese architecture
- Explore Huynh Thuy Le ancient house – Explore the unique mixture of East-West architecture
- Enjoy Vietnamese authentic lunch meal at “the lovers’ house”
Itinerary of Xeo Quyt forest tour
- At 7:00 A.M, our local tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and then head to Xeo Quyt forest. You will see a vast swamp beneath a spectacular thick canopy of tall cajuput trees and vines. It hides the remains of secret Viet Cong (VC) bunkers, which can be seen on a marvelous 20-minute sampan ride inside the forest past old bunkers and on foot along with the shady walking paths. You can have smell good smell of cajuput flowers and listen to the natural sounds of nature in the green quiet and peaceful wetland conservation. At Xeo Quyt forest, you can hear impactful historic stories during the guided walks. The chance to explore the Mekong River delta in a sampan boat is unique and unforgettable, and in these experiences, there is a surprising amount to feel and learn.
- Then, stop at Kien An Cung antique Chinese temple in Sa Dec. Kien An Cung Pagoda or Ong Quach Pagoda with ancient Chinese architecture has played a crucial part in the Chinese community in Dong Thap province for nearly a hundred years. It was built from 1924 to 1927 by Chinese people from Fujian Province with the purpose of worshiping ancestors, teaching children, building strong Chinese community relations, organizing meetings, discussing trading, and helping one another. That is a truly colorful but majestic religious site and architectural work in Chinese style.
- Explore Huynh Thuy Le’s ancient house which is famous for the romantic love story of Mr. Huynh Thuy Le and his L’amant (lover) – a well-known French writer Marguerite Duras. This house features a harmonious combination of western and Asian oriental architecture. Huynh Thuy Le ancient house looks like an elegant French villa from the outside but inside it has the Chinese architectural style and mostly made of wood in the shape of a traditional Southern house. It is a big opportunity to follow the lovers’ footprint and learn about local Mekong life. At this spot, you also enjoy Vietnamese authentic lunch meal at “the lovers’ house”
- Check in the 100-year-old Sa Dec flower village – known as the flower kingdom of the Mekong Delta. Sa Dec, Dong Thap is home to many kinds of flowers in the South of Vietnam. It is the biggest supplier of flowers to many cities in Vietnam and 50 varieties of roses for export. Coming to the flower village of Sa Dec at any time of the year, you seem to get lost in a fairyland, full of colors and aromas of diverse flowers, bonsai trees, and ornamental plants, namely Taiwan chrysanthemums, tiger tail chrysanthemums, cockscomb flowers, dahlia, hydrangeas, areca, water jasmine, hibiscus, and African marigold and orchids. The best time to visit Sa Dec village is in spring when all flowers are blooming and Sa Dec becomes the world of colorful flowers.
- Return to Can Tho city late in the same afternoon. We promise you are filled with memorable memories of Dong Thap Xeo Quyt forest tour from Can Tho.
Xeo Quyt forest tour price
- Private tour for a group of 2 persons: charge 20% fee.
- Private tour for a group of 4 persons: charge 15% fee.
- Exchange rate: $1 = 23.500 VNĐ
- Local English expert tour guide;
- A/C car;
- Small sampan ride
- Entrance fee
- Vietnamese authentic lunch meal;
- Bottled drinking water;
- Travel insurance.
Mekong Delta Wildlife and nature tour
Get in touch
- MEKONG SMILE TRAVEL TRADING JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Address: 81 Chau Van Liem Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
- WeChat/WhatsApp/Viber/Hotline: +84983704949.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.