Can Tho Museum is known as a place to keep vestiges and historical values of the Vietnamese nation through each period. Every year, this place attracts thousands of tourists to visit. So what are you waiting for, if you don’t come here at least once, it will be an extremely interesting experience. Can Tho have many beautiful and impressive places for visitors to explore and experience? However, Can Tho Museum is a tourist destination that visitors should not miss. When having the opportunity to visit, tourists should choose this place. The museum is not only a place for those who love history or have a passion for learning about culture. It is also extremely suitable for visitors of all ages and regions of the country.
Introducing Can Tho Museum in detail
Information about Can Tho Museum
Can Tho Museum was established in 1976. This is a large-scale museum and is considered the largest in the Mekong Delta. All historical values and vestiges are stored here by the Museum staff. Visitors will have the opportunity to learn more about the nation’s history when visiting the museum. This place was established with an area of nearly 3000m2. This is a place to display and introduce historical artifacts about the country and people of Can Tho. They saved it through each period of the ups and downs of history. This is also the place to introduce the socioeconomic achievements of ethnic groups in Vietnam such as Kinh, Hoa, and Khmer in Can Tho city. In the process of building and defending the country, lots of great antiques in many fields such as economy, defense, security, and society still appear today. The museum was established in 1976, through many changes. It was officially named Can Tho Museum in 1992.
Where is the Can Tho museum?
Can Tho Museum is located at number one on Hoa Binh Boulevard, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City. The carefully displayed items in the museum provide visitors with a chronological view of the history and culture of the Vietnamese people. In general, the Vietnamese know it, and the Can Tho people in particular also. In addition to knowing how to move to Can Tho museum, visitors also need to find accommodation for convenient travel. It makes the trip more meaningful and fun. With many positive reviews about good service quality, and complete facilities, this museum is a place that is worth your choice.
Can Tho museum travel guide
From Ninh Kieu Wharf, you can go to Can Tho Museum in many ways such as by motorbike, bus, or taxi. If you are traveling with a large group or with family, you should use the car. People coming from plenty of regions in Vietnam could visit this place by a variety of means.
- If you start from Ninh Kieu Wharf, you follow Hai Ba Trung Street. When you reach the intersection, turn left onto Ngo Quyen Street. Then you continue to go straight and turn left when you encounter an intersection. You will come to Ly Thuong Kiet Street. Going a little further, you will see the Can Tho Museum located on Tran Quoc Toan Street. The whole way is only about 1km!
- If you are coming to Can Tho for the first time or you are a foreign tourist who does not know the way of Can Tho. Can you follow the tour? Of courses. Tour prices are very cheap but the quality is guaranteed. You can visit many places without having to worry about being attacked about price. Traveling in groups, you can also arrange high-class hotels or motels. So, you can rest well!
Ticket price and opening time
Please find out information about opening hours and ticket prices so you can arrange a visit time to suit your travel schedule. This museum has a lot of ticket types that suit your choices. The price of each ticket is not too expensive, so people can buy it easily. Nowadays, tourists can buy a visiting ticket to the museum online and make payments online with banking transfer apps. Tourists do not know how to buy tickets online. You could buy it directly when you come to Can Tho museum. The price of the tickets may rise very high when you visit this museum on Tet, national holidays, or ethnic festivals. You should buy it online because you can receive lots of promotions and discounts.
- Ticket price: 30,000 VND/adult, 15,000 VND/student.
- Adults: 30,000 VND
- Students: 15,000 VND
- People with disabilities and infants: Free
Can Tho museum is open every day of the week. The opening time and closing times of the museum on Saturday and Sunday will be different from Monday to Friday. So, tourists should be aware of the time if they want to visit a museum without any issues. The opening and closing times of the museum according to the following times:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday:
- Morning: 8:00am – 11:00am
- Afternoon: 14h – 17h00
Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays, Tet:
- Morning: 8:00am – 11:00am
- Afternoon: 18h30 pm – 21h00 pm
When should you visit the Can Tho museum?
You can visit the Can Tho museum at any time of the year without any restriction. This place is always open for operation and welcomes all tourists to visit and experience. They also learn about historical culture through antiques recording the imprints of the Vietnamese people. However, you should visit the museum in the sunny months from September to April next year. Coming to the museum at these times you will not have to worry about moving due to the rain. Especially for those who ride motorbikes. It is worth noting that the museum is always clean and dry. So, the museum staff will not allow you to enter if you come to visit with wet clothes and muddy shoes. Then, you should arrange your study or work and visit the museum on a sunny day. It will help you have great moments at the museum.
What’s interesting at this museum?
In order to promote the task of collecting, making statistics, editing documents and artifacts, scientific research to improve the effectiveness of serving the public. In 1998, Can Tho museum was established new construction and changed the display contents quite fundamentally. After 2 years of building, building, and upgrading the display system. On August 31, 2001, this museum was inaugurated and put into operation with the following main display system contents:
- Briefly introduce the natural and social characteristics of Can Tho.
- Can Tho – Country – People: Introduction of geographical location, land, climate, flora and fauna, landscape, Oc Eo culture, culture of 3 ethnic groups: Vietnamese – Chinese – Khmer.
- History of fighting against foreign invaders of the people of Can Tho: focusing on introducing the resistance war against the French. The war against the US of the Party Committee and the people of Can Tho city.
- Economic – Cultural – Social achievements of Can Tho from 1975 to the present.
- In addition, the Museum’s Thematic Gallery regularly changes the display content. Introducing the history and culture of Vietnam and the world.
To celebrate the 72nd anniversary of the founding of the Vietnam People’s Army, celebrate the glorious Party – celebrate the Spring of the Rooster. In 2017, Can Tho Museum exhibits specializing in ancient Southern Pottery. The topic introduces about 250 documents, images, and artifacts about the Cay Mai, Bien Hoa, and Lai Thieu pottery lines. It was dating from the 19th – 20th centuries.
The 1st floor – Displaying and recreating the natural and social characteristics of Can Tho
Can Tho Museum consists of 2 floors, a ground floor and a first floor. The ground floor is the place to store the geographical artifacts, natural and social characteristics, and cultural values. There are three major ethnic groups, the Kinh, the Hoa, and the Khmer. When coming here, visitors will partly understand more about the national culture. Knowing how Vietnam, multi-ethnic and multi-regional can unite and live in harmony with each other as a unity. Seeing the antiques helps you understand the change of this land over the years. This must be an interesting experience.
Among the exhibits on display are many fancy objects such as butterflies, insects, flowers, and plants pressed in transparent and golden amber objects. There are 8 black Buddha statues with cockroach wings. The statue is taller than a glove with different sitting and standing postures, carved with petrified amber. When the light shines on it will change to jade green.
The 2nd floor – Display of artifacts related to the war periods
The 2nd floor of Can Tho museum is displayed with artifacts that preserve the heroic history of our people against foreign invaders. From the resistance war against the French colonialists to the American empire are preserved and stored in the museum. You will admire the combat weapons as well as experience the feats of war. All are carefully preserved by the people. Those artifacts help you understand more about the difficulties and fierceness of the war, making us appreciate what we have and more importantly appreciate the sacrifices of previous generations for a Vietnam that is independent and free.
Besides, at the exhibition area about the cultural life, activities as well and beliefs of the three ethnic groups living a lot in Can Tho, you will admire diverse artifacts. Prominent is Binh Thuy communal house worshiping the scene of Thanh Hoang, wedding customs, costumes, a 3-room house model, Don Ca Tai Tu, agricultural tools, and ancient money.
Can Tho Museum – A place to keep and preserve the Oc Eo culture
If you are looking for how to learn about the ancient Oc Eo culture in particular and the culture of the Southern region in general, this Museum is a good place you need to go. Can Tho museum is considered one of the important places in preserving and preserving the Oc eo or Funan culture that surely everyone wants to learn about. With antiques and artifacts such as porcelain vases bronze stone tools or large jars. Visitors can’t help but be curious and excited to learn about this culture. Oc Eo culture is an ancient culture belonging to the kingdom of Funan. This culture existed from the 1st century to the 7th century AD. This is one of the oldest cultures and has been studied by many scientists and archaeologists in Vietnam and around the world. The preservation of Oc Eo culture at Can Tho Museum has been recognized by archaeologists and has made an important contribution to preserving the national culture, which is a testament to the appearance of the Khmer in Vietnam. Surely you won’t be able to wait to visit this place.
Notes when visiting Can Tho museum
Here are some notes for visitors when they want to visit Can Tho Museum:
- Absolutely do not touch objects in the museum during the museum visit. If you accidentally chip or break these artifacts, you will have to compensate.
- You should take a guide or at least go with someone who has been here. They have tour experience and will guide you on what to do.
- Do not bring food, especially smelly food, into the museum. This is to respect other visitors and to ensure the cleanliness of the museum. However, a bottle of mineral water is not a problem, just don’t throw garbage indiscriminately!
- Museum as well as a library. The principle of no noise is always the first rule. Avoid shouting and joking. Limit phone calls in museums and those with young children make sure they don’t make any noise when visiting the museum or it’s best to leave them at home.
- Make sure you are dry and clean when visiting the museum.
Arrange the busy work of daily life, come here to learn and experience to have a memorable trip, why not? A day itinerary is enough for you to discover the most beautiful features of Can Tho museum. We hope you do not miss the opportunity to come here at least once in your travel journey!